This is lasagna recipe is super easy and everyone loves it. Whenever I make this dish I always make extras as it freezes beautifully both before and after it has been baked.
Easy Spinach Lasagna
2 jars of your favorite red sauce (I use Durso’s or Giada’s)
2 boxes of lasagna sheets (I use the ready to bake ones but you can use any kind – follow directions on cooking on package)
12 slices mozzarella cheese or 2 bags of shredded cheese
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
1 container ricotta cheese (12 oz)
1 lb ground turkey/chicken (optional)
1 package frozen cut spinach – thawed and drained
¼ cup cream cheese (optional)
Italian seasoning (optional)
• In a large bowl combine the ricotta, spinach, eggs and cream cheese.
• Mix all these ingredient together well until well combined.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
• In a cooking pot or heavy wok, heat 2 tbs. oil.
• Add the ground meat.
• Add pasta sauce and Italian seasoning.
• Let simmer for about 15 minutes.
• Remove from fire and set aside
Assembling the Lasagna
• Preheat over to 350 degrees.
• Use a 9×13 pan.
• Spoon some sauce at the bottom.
• Put one layer of lasagna sheets in the pan.
• Smooth a layer of the ricotta mixture on top of the sheets.
• Put a layer of mozzarella cheese on top of the ricotta layer.
• Then put a layer of sauce again.
• Keep repeating the above for 2 layers.
• When the layers are complete cover the dish with foil.
• Bake for 30 minutes then remove foil and cook for another 15 minutes.
• Remove from over and let it stand for at least 20 minutes before you cut it.