Stuffed mushrooms have become my new favorite, easy to make, go to appetizers. You can stuff mushrooms with just about anything and they will taste good. Here is a recipe I concocted at a recent lunch party I had. Feel free to experiment with any vegetables you have lying around in your kitchen.
10 -15 medium sized mushrooms ( I used baby bellas, you can use white ones)
3 stalks scallions, finely minced including the green part.
1 carrot, shredded
1 stalk celery, finely minced
Few chives, minced
4 tbs panko bread crumbs
2 -3 tbs olive oil.
Salt and pepper to taste
Cheese, sprinkled (optional)
• Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
• Remove mushroom stalks gently from the mushrooms and chop them in tiny little bits.
• mixing them with the carrots, squash and onion.
• In a pan over medium heat add the olive oil
• Add the spring onions and carrots and stir for 2 minutes.
• Add the rest of the veggies and sir for about 5 minutes.
• Add the panko breadcrumbs and mix well.
• Sauté for 2 -3 minutes.
• Season to taste and remove from heat.
• Cover a cookie sheet with foil and set aside.
• Brush the mushroom caps with olive oil and set them down on the cookie sheet.
• Stuff mushrooms caps with veggies filling.
• Brush the tops with olive oil.
• Bake in preheated oven for 10- 12 minutes.
• You can sprinkle a little cheese on top and allow it to melt for an additional minute or two in the oven.