Who doesn’t love rice noodles?
Here is a really quick and healthy recipe, which is chockfull of vegetables. I usually use whatever veggies I have lying around in the fridge – you can always improvise with this recipe.
The main flavoring for these noodles comes from hon-tsuyu and sesame oil. If you don’t have hon-tsuyu, you can just use soy sauce and a little sugar.
STIR FRIED RICE NOODLES WITH VEGETABLES
1 full packet rice noodles/ rice vermicelli
4-5 scallions, chopped
1 stalk celery, finely sliced
2 medium carrots, shredded
4-5 baby bokchoi, sliced thin
1 cup broccoli, chopped small
5-6 tablespoons dashi
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Remove rice noodles from the packet and soak in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a wok, heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add scallions, celery and broccoli and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and bokchoi and stir well.
- Cook for 2 minutes and add the drained rice noodles.
- Mix it all up and add the dashi and water.
- Stir for 2 minutes and add sesame oil.
- Mix everything really well and remove from fire.
- Serve immediately.