Zucchini or ghiya is a really versatile vegetable. It can be eaten raw in salads, baked in breads or cooked in several different ways.
Here is an easy way to make a quick zucchini curry. This can be eaten with rice or bread ( roti).
3-4 small zucchini’s, peeled and cubed
2 bay leaves
1 tsp. cumin seeds
3-4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1″ ginger, finely chopped
2 small onions, finely chopped
2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
1 bunch cilantro leaves, washed and chopped
Caynne Pepper ( chili powder ) to taste
Salt, to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or kadai.
- When oil is hot add the bay leaves and cumin seeds.
- Stir for about 30 seconds and add the garlic and ginger.
- When the garlic becomes fragarant ( less than a minute), add the chopped onions.
- Stir the onions for 5-7 minutes till they become translucent and then add the chopped tomatoes.
- Cook for about 10 minutes and add the chopped zucchini.
- Add chili powder and salt to taste.
- Mix well, cover and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves and serve hot with rice or rotis.