Salmon and cabbage make a really great combination. This is a quick dish I throw together when I have leftover salmon from a meal. I used Napa cabbage in this recipe but you can use regular green cabbage too. You can chose to leave the smoked salmon too but it does add an nice smoky twist to the dish.
1 filet of salmon, skin removed and chopped into strips
½ cup smoked salmon chopped thin
1 tablespoon miso
4 tablespoons mirin
1 tablespoon sugar
2 cups Napa cabbage, sliced thin
1 small onion, sliced thin
7-8 shitake mushrooms, sliced thin
1 small carrot, shredded or sliced thin
1 scallion, chopped
• Mix the miso paste with mirin and 1 tablespoon of sugar and set aside.
• In a small pan, sauté the chopped salmon fillet till just cooked.
• Set aside.
• Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok.
• Add scallion and onions and stir.
• Add the mushrooms, carrots and cabbage.
• Add the miso paste.
• Cook for about a minute and add the cooked salmon.
• Mix well and remove from heat.
• Add the smoked salmon as a garnish and serve immediately.