Who doesn’t like a good Guacamole? Well here is my very lazy way of making guacamole! The most important thing about Guacamole is that the avocados have to be perfectly ripe, even a little over-ripe is okay. The avocado is ripe when it is firm to touch but it gives to gentle pressure when it is squeezed.
3 ripe avocados ripened
1 medium onion
3-4 jalapenos ( optional)
2 plum tomatoes or a handful or grape tomatoes
1 lemon or 2 limes
3-4 tablesoons of vinegar
1/2 a bunch of cilantro leaves
Dash of sugar
Salt & pepper to taste
- Put the onion, jalapenos, tomatoes and cilantro in the food processor and pulse a few times till the mixture is finely chopped. It should not be mushy.
- Scoop out the flesh from the avocados and mix with the onion mixture in a bowl.
- Add the juice of lemon/lime and vinegar – this has to be adjusted to taste.
- Add salt & pepper
- Add a little bit of sugar and mix everything very well.
- Serve with tortillas chips or crackers
To store the gucamole I keep the pits of the avocado in the container with the guacamole, cover it tight with plastic wrap and then put the lid on. This helps keep it fresh for a day or two extra.