These potatoes are the ultimate in Indian comfort food. My dearest friend Sonu loves these potatoes and has dubbed them ” Malini Potatoes” – hence the title!
Spicy Malini Potatoes
5-6 Potatoes boiled and chopped into small cubes
1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
1.5 heaped teaspoons of coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
3/4 teaspoon of red chili powder or to taste
2-3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves ( optional)
Salt to taste
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil on medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and wait till they begin to pop.
- Add the coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chili powder.
- Saute this for about a minute – do not let the spices burn.
- Add the potatoes and mix it well with the spices.
- Cover and cook it on medium heat for about 1/2 an hour – keep checking on it from time to time so its doesn’t burn.
- Add salt to taste and cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.