THE PINKALICIOUS PARTY
This is one of the most fun birthday parties I did. My kids love the book Pinkalicious by Victoria Kann and Elizabeth Kann so we decided to do a Pinkalicious Birthday Party!! Given that my favorite color is pink – I went a little pink-a-crazy!
I made a few different kinds of cakes for this theme.
The Pinkalicious Cupcake Cake
- I used a Wilton oversized cupcake baking pan for this cake.
- You can use your favorite cake and white frosting recipe.
- I divided the frosting into 2 batches and colored one light pink and the other one dark pink.
- I then frosted the bottom half dark pink and the top half light pink.
- I used a #21 wilton tip and made the dark pink design of the top half of the cupckae
- The big cherry on top of the cupckae is just a big blob of frosting
- I then sprinkled the whole cake with pink sugar
The Pinkalicious Cupcakes
Here is a link for the cupcake stand.
The Pinkalicious Flower Cakes
- I made two 9″ round regular cakes and frosted them with white frosting
- I then used a Wilton #20 tip to make little pink flowers all over
- I put red, pink and white M&M’s in the flowers – you can also just use frosting for the centers if you cant find these M&M’s
OTHER PINK-A-FOODS AT THE PARTY
- I did go a little pink crazy! I served most of the foods in pink platter, pails and other containers.
- I put a lot of pink flowers and balloons all over and all of this was under our pink blooming cherry tree – it was really pretty!
Here are some of the foods I served: