Here is a really quick and yummy vegetable fried rice. You can make it with or without the egg and can use any kind of leftover rice. You can also add in any vegetables or meats of your choice.
Vegetable Fried Rice
4 cups cooked rice
4 eggs (optional)
1 cup finely chopped green beans
1 cup carrots
1 cup chopped scallions
1 tablespoon garlic and ginger paste
1 ½ tablespoons soya sauce
Salt & pepper to taste
• Heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
• Add garlic paste and stir.
• Add the chopped green beans, carrots and half of the scallions.
• Stir fry for a minute or two.
• Add cooked rice (warmed)
• Mix it all very well and add salt to taste.
Adding the Egg (optional)
• In a separate pan heat 1 tablespoons of oil.
• Add the four eggs.
• Add salt to taste and stir the eggs well.
• When eggs are cooked remove from heat.
• Add the eggs to the fried rice and add the rest of the scallions on top.
• Add 2 teaspoons of soya sauce and mix it all very well.