Here is another yummy version of a pomelo salad. This is the one that Varong’s Aunty Pen taught me in Bangkok. It’s a little different from the Chivasom’s Pomelo Salad recipe but is equally delicious.
1 cup shredded cooked chicken
2 cups pomelo
½ cup finely sliced shallots or red onion
2 tablespoons of fried garlic
¼ cup chopped cashew nuts, peanuts or almonds
4-5 teaspoons of minced roasted coconut (optional)
3-4 Fried whole red chilies
5 tablespoons of fried shallots
Ingredients for salad dressing:
3 tablespoons of Thai chili paste
7 tablespoons of limejuice
3 tablespoons of fish sauce
1 tablespoons of palm sugar
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the salad dressing and mix well.
- In a big salad bowl combine the cooked shredded chicken with 5-6 tablespoons of the salad dressing and mix well.
- Add the pomelo and the chopped shallots and mix.
- Add more dressing if needed.
- Garnish with the nuts, minced roasted coconuts, fried shallots and garlic and whole red chilies.