I had forgotten just how comforting eggs could be when cooked in a curry! This is a super easy recipe where you pretty much just grind up all the ingredients and make a quick, yet yummy curry.
10-12 eggs, boiled and peeled
7-8 cloves of garlic
3” ginger, peeled and chopped
2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp dry mango powder (amchur)
¼ tsp asafetida (hing)
3 tbs mustard oil (any kind of oil is okay)
1 bunch cilantro, washed and chopped
• Grind onions, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, turmeric, mango powder together in a food processor until pureed.
• Heat 3 tbs mustard oil till smoking point.
• Add the asafetida.
• Stir for 30 seconds and add the pureed mix.
• Stir well, cover and cook for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Add 4 cups of water and salt and stir.
• Add the boiled eggs and stir gently so it mixes well with the gravy.
• Cook for about 15 minutes uncovered till the gravy thickens a bit.
• Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with basmati rice.