My freind Shefali makes all kinds of delicious dishes using these wonderful Israeli spices which are so yummy. I just loved these kababs that she made when we went over for dinner recently. I have to give credit for this recipe to Oz (her husband) who has mysterious culinary qualities that only a true wizard could possess.
These kababs freeze really well and so I double or triple the recipe and make a whole bunch of these at one time and freeze the leftovers.
1 lb ground chicken
1 large onion chopped finely
5-6 cloves of garlic chopped finely
2 cups of finely chopped spinach
1 cup of finely chopped cilantro
1 heaped tablespoon of mixed spices for grilled chicken
1 teaspoon of mixed spices for shwarama
1 teaspoon of mixed spices for meatballs
Salt & pepper to taste
- Mix the ground chicken, onions, garlic and spinach together very well.
- Add in the spices, salt & pepper.
- Mix well.
- Shape the ground chicken and spinach mixture into small patties.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Put a few patties in the saucepan and cook for a minute or two.
- Flip the patties over and cover and cook for 2-3 minutes till well done.
- Serve warmed with Maggi’s Scotch Bonnet sauce ( recipe to follow).