Plantains are a really wonderful source of fiber and vitamins C and A. They taste especially good when spiced up and pan-fried to make a yummy meal that can be served with pretty much anything.
Plantain Kebabs (Kachha Kela ka Kabab)
5 – 6 plantains peeled chopped and steamed till soft
2 small potatoes, boiled, peeled, mashed
2 small onions, finely chopped
1” ginger, finely chopped
1-2 fresh green chillies, finely chopped (optional)
1 tsp. garam masala
1 tsp. roasted cumin powder
½ tsp. black salt (kala namak)
¼ cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 small bunch cilantro, finely chopped
Oil for pan-frying
Salt to taste
- Combine all of the above ingredients together.
- Mash everything together in a large bowl using your fingers to really bring it all together.
- When everything is well combined, mould them into small dish shaped patties as shown in the picture.
- Heat a pan with a little oil.
- When the oil is hot, place a few patties at a time on the pan.
- Cook for about 2 minutes until one side turns golden brown.
- Flip it over and repeat on the other side.
- Serve hot with mint chutney.