I recently found this wonderful recipe for a roasted broccoli tart on Celeste’s Cooking Creation blog which I just had to try.
The tart turned out to be really easy to make and a wonderful appetizer or meal idea.
Roasted Broccoli Tart with Smoked Gouda
2 c broccoli, cut into small florets
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Pinch red pepper flakes
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
3 oz smoked Gouda, grated
1/3 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, rosemary, garlic powder, pepper flakes and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Unfold the puff pastry and set it down flat on top of a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Evenly spoon the broccoli mixture on top of the puff pastry, leaving 1/2 inch of the edges untouched.
- Sprinkle the Gouda and mozzarella cheese evenly over all.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 18 to 23 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Cut into squares with a pizza cutter.
- Serve immediately.