I am so spoiled by my favorite organic CSA farmer Peter Paniccia of Pietro’s Coop who brings me bushels of parsley every summer and fall. I use a lot of this parsley fresh in my everyday cooking but I also make a great pesto with it, which last me through the winter months.
The pesto is really easy to make and keeps really well in the fridge for months on end. I use it in everything from pastas, soups, sandwiches, sauces and so much more.
2 bunches parsley (remove stems at the bottom), washed and chopped
2 heads of garlic, peeled
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 lemons, juiced
Salt to taste
- In a food processor, add the parsley leaves garlic, salt and lemon juice.
- Start blending and slowly add the olive oil in.
- Blend until the mixture emulsifies and is smooth.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Store in a glass container or jar in the fridge.