Cauliflower is such a wonderful vegetable which can be cooked in so many ways. “Gobhi” as its called in Hindi, is a staple on our table and is one of the simplest vegetables to make. Here is a recipe one of the ways we make gobhi in our home.
Stir Fried Curried Cauliflower (Gobhi)
1 head cauliflower, chopped into small florets and washed
½ tsp. panch phorun (combination of 5 whole spices – available at any Indian store)
½ tsp. jeera (cumin seeds)
2 tbsp. ginger, finely cut
1 whole green chili, split (optional)
Salt to taste
2 tbsp. oil
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a wok and add ½ panch phorun and ½ tsp. jeera.
- Add ginger and sliced green chilli.
- Add the chopped cauliflower, salt and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high heat for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.