Tori (zucchini) is something that is made in my mother’s kitchen practically every other day. The sweet, mild flavors of this squash are enhanced by the addition of a hint of spices as is so in this recipe.
Stir Fry Curried Zucchini (Tori)
8 zucchini, peeled and chopped
1 ½ onions, sliced thin
1 tsp. jeera (cumin seeds)
½ tsp. hing (asafetida)
1 green chili, chopped (optional)
1 tsp. haldi (turmeric powder)
Salt to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a wok or kadai.
- Add jeera and hing and stir until seeds splutter.
- Add sliced onions and sauté for about 7 minutes till they turn translucent.
- Add green chili, haldi and salt.
- Add the chopped tori and mix well.
- Cover and cook for about 20 – 25 minutes until the vegetables soften.
- Adjust seasonings and serve hot with rice or rotis.