Okra/bhindi is a really popular Indian dish and can be prepared in many ways. Here is a simple stir-fried recipe for bhindi which is really easy to make.
Stir Fried Okra (Bhindi)
1 lb bhindi (okra), chopped
1 large onion, sliced thin
2 tbsp. oil (any)
1 tsp. jeera (cumin)
2 ½ tsp. dhaniya powder (coriander)
½ tsp. amchur powder (dry mango)
Chili powder to taste
Salt to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil.
- Add 1 tsp. jeera (cumin).
- Add sliced onions.
- Sauté for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Add 2 ½ tsp. coriander powder, ½ dry mango powder, chili powder and salt to taste.
- Cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add chopped okra and mix well.
- Cook for 20 – 25 minutes until the okra is softened.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.