Tomato chokha is a roasted/ spicy version of a Trinidadian salsa. It is really easy to make and tasted great with roasted tomatoes but you can even use overripe regular tomatoes if you don’t have time to roast them.
Here is Maggi’s recipe for her chokha.
Maggi’s Trini Tomato Chokha
5 – 6 ripe plum tomatoes, roasted on an open fire
1 large onion, finely chopped
2-3 small green chilies, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop the roasted tomatoes and put them in a bowl.
- Add the chopped onions and green
- Green chilies
- Mix well and add salt and pepper.
- Let it sit for ½ hour or so before serving.
- Eat as a salad with anything.