Maggi makes the most unbelievable Trinidadian food. Her recipes are simple and really tasty.
Here is a dish called “Boil n’ Fry” Sweet potato which can be eaten with rice or roti. It is extra yummy when topped with “Chokha” which is a spicy tomato salad.
Maggi’s Boil n’ Fry Sweet Potato – the Trinidadian way
7-8 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
2-3 green chili peppers (to taste/ optional)
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled, boiled and chopped
- Heat 2 tbs. oil in a wok.
- Add onion, garlic and peppers.
- Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped sweet potatoes.
- Add salt.
- Cover and cook for about 15 – 20 minutes until everything is well combined.
- Top with tomato chokha.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.