My mother-in-law makes the best potato salad ever!
It is chock-full of vegetables and really super tasty. Here is her simple recipe.
Atsuko’s Potato Salad
1 small onion, sliced very thin
1 small cucumber, sliced very thin
1 carrot, sliced very thin
- Slice onions very thin and add a little salt to this and let it sit for a while.
- Squeeze water out and add a little lemon juice.
- Slice cucumbers thin and do the same but do not add lemon juice
- Boil carrots till softened and set aside.
- Wash and boil potatoes with salt.
- While the potato is hot, cut in half
- Squeeze lemon on top of these hot potatoes.
- Peel the potato when the lemon has been absorbed and it is still hot.
- Chop the potato into cubes.
- Add onions and cucumbers and carrots to this while still hot
- Mix it all together.
- Add 2 – 3 tbsp. of mayonnaise.
- Mix well and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or cooled.
- You can also add finely chopped boiled eggs; boiled steamed shrimp or chopped mock crabmeat to this salad.