This is an outstanding shrimp curry I tried this past summer. It’s a really easy recipe and works well with the tiny shrimps. Thanks Neha for sharing!
Neha Ryan’s Prawn Curry
1 kg. small shrimp
4 shallots, chopped
4 small plum tomatoes, chopped
2 tsp. garlic and ginger paste
½ tsp. garam masala
1 tsp. turmeric (haldi)
2 ½ tsp. dhaniya powder ( coriander)
2 tsp. chili powder ( to taste)
1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
• Heat 4 tsp. oil in a wok or kadai on a medium flame.
• Add the chopped onions and fry for 15 minutes.
• Add garlic and ginger paste.
• Fry for 5 minutes.
• Add the chopped tomatoes and cook it in one half of the wok.
• Cook for 5 minutes and then mix it with the onions in the wok.
• Add salt and mix well.
• Add ½ tsp. garam masala, 1 tsp. turmeric, 2 ½ tsp. coriander powder, chili to taste and mix well.
• Add 1 -2 tsp. more of oil.
• All his mixture to continue cooking.
• In a separate wok, heat the pan.
• Add the shrimp mixed with about 1 tsp. of turmeric.
• Cook the shrimp till it releases its water – about 4-5 minutes.
• Then remove the shrimp from heat and strain out all the liquid.
• Add the cooked shrimp to the curry mixture and mix well.
• Cook to 4-5 minutes and garnish with cilantro.