I love eggplant! Here is a really yummy, tangy and quick recipe for an Indian style eggplant dish.
Cooking time: 25 – 30 minutes
6 -8 small eggplants cut into fours and soaked in water
1 tsp. panch phorun
Few pinches of hing ( Asafoetida)
2 tbsp. mustard oil ( or any oil)
Salt to taste
12 garlic cloves
2 inches ginger
2 red chilies
½ tsp. cumin seeds (jeeera)
1 tsp coriander seeds
¾ tsp. turmeric
- Heat mustard oil.
- Add panch phorun and hing.
- Add the ground garlic and ginger maslaa.
- Cook for about 5 – 6 minutes.
- Add the chopped eggplant.
- Cover and cook for about 15 – 20 minutes until eggplants are very soft.
- Add salt to taste and serve hot.