Aloo paneer is one of those classic Indian dishes that is served very often in my mothers home.
Here is our recipe.
Paneer with Potato ( Aloo Paneer)
2” cinnamon stick
1 tsp. jeera ( cumin seeds)
A pinch of hing (asafetida)
2 tsp. coriander powder ( dhaniya)
½ tsp. garam masala
3 plum tomatoes
7 cloves of garlic
3 cups of paneer, cubed
2 potatoes, peeled, boiled and chopped in cubes
¼ cup paneer ground with milk
• Heat 2 tsp. oil in a pot.
• Add the cumin seeds and a pinch hing.
• Add 2 tsp. coriander powder, 1 tsp. turmeric powder, ½ tsp. garam masala, and salt.
• Grind the onions, tomatoes and garlic ginger together.
• Add this ground mixture to the sautéed spices.
• Cover and cook for about 20 – 25 minutes on a medium flame.
• Add the chopped potatoes and mix well for about 5 minutes.
• Add 1 cup of water.
• Cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
• Add the chopped paneer and the ground paneer mixture.
• Mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
• Cook till gravy is thickened.
• Serve hot with rice.