These berry crumb bars are a super easy and a delightful dessert that is loved by all. It’s a nice alternative to making cookies and tastes best when served chilled. They can be made a few days and stored in the fridge. This recipe is adapted from AllRecipes.com.
Mixed Berry Bars
Servings: These can be cut into 36 smallish rectangles
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup cold unsalted butter (2 sticks or 8 ounces)
¼ teaspoon salt
Zest and juice of ½ lemon
4 cups fresh blueberries and raspberries
¼ cup white sugar
4 teaspoons cornstarch
• Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
• Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
• In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup sugar, 3 cups flour, and baking powder.
• Mix in salt and lemon zest.
• Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the butter and egg.
• Dough will be crumbly.
• Pat half of dough into the prepared pan.
• In another bowl, stir together the sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice.
• Gently mix in the blueberries.
• Sprinkle the blueberry mixture evenly over the crust.
• Crumble remaining dough over the berry layer.
• Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is slightly brown.
• Cool completely before cutting into squares.