Here is an Indian classic. You see it on every menu in Indian restaurants all over. This is a lightened up, home-style version of the dish which is really delicious. Paneer can be bought from any Indian store.
Saag Paneer (Spinach with Indian Cheese)
2 bunches of fresh spinach leaves, washed and chopped
1 lbs paneer, cubed
Grind these together:
4 small plum tomatoes
5-6 cloves garlic
2” inches ginger
2 medium onions
1 tsp. coriander powder
¾ tsp. turmeric
· Boil some water in a pot and add spinach leaves.
· Boil the spinach for a few minutes.
· Remove and grind.
· Set aside.
· Heat oil in a wok or kadai.
· Add the ground tomato mixture.
· Cover and cook it for about 10 minutes.
· Add the coriander powder, turmeric and salt.
· Cook for about 3 – 4 minutes.
· Add the ground spinach.
· Mix well together.
· Cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
· Add the cubed paneer.
· Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
· Serve hot with rice or rotis.