Here is a wonderful recipe for oatmeal chocolate chop cookies which are always a favorite.
Buttercup Bake Shop Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg, room temp.
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup rolled oats (not quick cooking oats)
6 oz. semisweet chocolate chips (I use bittersweet chips)
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Lightly grease two or three 12×18 inch baking sheets.
• In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
• Set aside.
• In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugars until fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
• Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
• Add the flour mixture and beat thoroughly.
• Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
• Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving several inches between for expansion (this is very important, these cookies spread a lot).
• Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
• Cool the cookies on the sheets for 1 minute, then remove to a rack to cool completely.
Makes 2 to 3 dozen cookies.