This is a really simple, super healthy recipe that can just be thrown in the oven for a quick roast. I tried it for my Thanksgiving table this year and it was a big hit. The recipe is adapted from the Food Network.
Oven-Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli with Garlic, Olive Oil and Lemon Juice
5 to 6 cups cauliflower florets, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter (from 1 medium cauliflower)
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon sliced garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Chopped chives, for garnish
• Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
• Place the cauliflower florets in a large saute pan or a roasting pan.
• Drizzle the olive oil over the cauliflower, and season with the garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
• Place the saute/roasting pan in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even roasting.
• Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
• Garnish with chopped chives and serve immediately while still warm.