Making curry could not be easier than this!
This simple recipe uses yogurt which really gives the gravy body and flavor.
Chicken Curry with Yogurt (Dahi Chicken)
1 kg chicken, cut into small pieces
3 plum tomatoes, chopped
2 cups yogurt
4 tbsp. garlic and ginger
3” cinnamon stick (dalchini)
4 black cardamoms (moti eliachi)
3 green cardamoms (small elaichi)
4 cloves (laung)
2 tsp. coriander powder (dhaniya)
1 tsp. turmeric (haldi)
½ tsp. red chili powder
Pinch of hing (asafetida)
• Marinate the chicken with the yogurt, garlic, ginger, onions, tomatoes, coriander powder, turmeric, chili powder, asafetida and set aside.
• Heat 2 tsp. oil.
• Add the cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon sticks.
• Stir for a minute and then add the marinated chicken mixture.
• Cover and cook on a low flame for ½ hour.
• Cook until the chicken is tender and the gravy is well combined and thickened.
• Serve hot with basmati rice.