Pav bhaji translates to bread eaten with cooked vegetables. This is a very popular Indian street food which is beyond delicious. There is nothing that spells home than a hot buttered pav slathered with some spicy bhaji. I like to top mine with finely chopped onions, lime juice and green chilies.
5 tbsp. of garlic and ginger, ground
2 bunches scallions, chopped
2 green peppers, chopped
5 tbsp. butter
6 small plum tomatoes
6 tbsp. pav bhaji masala (either MDH or Everest brand)
2 – 3 medium potatoes, boiled and chopped
1 cauliflower, chopped
3 cups green beans, chopped
3 cups carrots, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
Pav bread (any kind of bread or rolls will work)
• Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a cooking pot.
• Add the garlic and ginger paste and the chopped scallions.
• Add 3 tbsp. of butter and the chopped green peppers.
• Mix well and cook for about 15 minutes.
• Add chopped tomatoes.
• Cover and cook for about 25 minutes.
• Add 5-6 tbsp. pav bhaji masala and mix well.
• Add ½ cup of hot water and then add the cooked vegetables.
• Mix well and cook covered for about 25 minutes.
• Add the potato and cook for about 15 minutes more.