I love lentils!
In India we eat some kind of lentils every single day. Here is a great recipe using whole green mung lentils which is really easy to make and healthy. You can eat these with rice or drink it as a wholesome soup!
Whole Green Mung Daal
½ kg sabbath moong ka daal ( whole green mung lentils)
2 tbsp. garlic, chopped
2 tbsp. ginger, chopped
2 onions, finely chopped
1 bunch green scallion, chopped
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. jeera seeds (cumin)
Pinch of hing (aesofetida)
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
• Pressure cook the green mung daal with a little water and salt till cooked (about 25 minutes)
• In a pot, heat 2 tbsp. oil.
• Add the cumin seeds, hing, garlic and ginger.
• Add the onions, ginger, tomatoes and mix well.
• Add turmeric, green onions and cilantro.
• Cook for 5 minutes and mix.
• Add the cooked daal to the mixture.
• Mix well and boil for 15-20 minutes uncovered.
• Add salt and serve hot with rice.