Keema mattar is a wonderful way of serving spiced ground meat. This is classic Indian comfort food. You can use mutton/ lamb/ chicken/beef for this recipe. Serve with white rice or pasta.
Keema Mattar (Ground Lamb/Mutton with Peas)
1 kg lamb or mutton, minced
2 moti elaichi (black cardamom)
4 laung (cloves)
Few bay leaves
1” dalchini (cinnamon stick)
2 small onions, chopped
4 plum tomatoes, chopped
8-9 cloves garlic, chopped
2” ginger, peeled and chopped
3 tsp, dhaniya powder (coriander)
1 tsp. haldi (turmeric)
Chilli powder to taste
Salt to taste
• Grind together the onions, tomatoes, garlic and ginger and set aside.
• Heat 3 tbsp. of oil in a wok or pot and add the moti elaichi, laung, cloves, and bay leaves.
• Stir for a minute and add the 4 tsp. dhaniya, 1 tsp. haldi, chili powder and salt.
• Mix well and add the ground onion mixture.
• Cover and cook well for about 20 minutes.
• Add the ground meat.
• Cook covered until the meat is almost done.
• Add the peas.
• Cook until meat is fully cooked.
• Adjust seasonings, garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with white basmati rice.