If you grew up in India…you would understand the charm behind the great Indian chicken burger!
Most of the Hindus in India do not eat beef and thus the chicken burger was born.
They are really yummy! Every year, when I visit home I always have to have at least one chicken burger. This summer I learned how to make them from my mother’s wonderful cook Surinder.
The Great Indian Chicken Burger
1 lb ground chicken
½ cup fresh breadcrumbs or panko
1 bunch cilantro, chopped cilantro
1 bunch scallion, chopped fine
Salt & pepper to taste
4 burger buns
2 cups green cabbage, sliced very fine
1 tomato sliced
• Combine ground chicken with scallions, cilantro, salt, breadcrumbs and egg.
• Mix well and shape into thin patties.
• On a hot pan, add oil and pan fry the chicken patties until cooked.
• Mix the finely chopped cabbage with a few teaspoons of mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
• Lightly toast the burger buns.
• Spread a layer of coleslaw on one half of the bun.
• Place a chicken patty on top.
• Layer with sliced tomatoes, lettuce, onions (your choice)
• Add another layer of the coleslaw mix.
• Top with the burger bun.
• Serve immediately.