Gulha are bite sized, ball shaped hedhika which are usually stuffed with tuna fish, onions and grated coconut.
If you would like to make “Mas Roshi” which is a flattened version of gulha, then use the same recipe except you need to shape them into flat discs about 3” in diameter and pan fry it.
Maldivian Gulha : A Recipe from Six Senses Laamu, Maldives
1 can tuna
2 curry leaves
1tspn lemon juice
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
1 tbsp. Grated coconut
Dough, kneaded (link for recipe)
• Chop onion, chilies and curry leaves.
• Mix together with tuna.
• Make a small ball of this mixture and set aside.
• Roll out small (2-3”) flat thin dough discs
• Wrap the ball in this dough wrapper and pinch the top to close.
• Deep fry in 180 °C oil around 5 munities until golden brown, then take them out, drain the excess oil and place in a serving plate and serve hot.