Biskeemiyaa is surprisingly one of the few Maldivian hedhika ( short eats) that does not have tuna in it ( which the Maldivians love). The main ingredients comprise of chopped cabbage and boiled egg.
For me…..with or without the tuna – this makes for a really yummy snack.
Maldivian Biskeemiyaa : A Recipe from Six Senses Laamu, Maldives
1 Boiled egg
1 Green Chili
½ Onion, chopped
4-5 Curry leaves, chopped
1 tsp. lemon juice
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
50 gms. shredded cabbage
Dough (link for recipe) or use readymade wonton wrappers
• Slice onion, cabbage, chilies and curry leaves.
• Mix together with boiled egg seasoned with salt, pepper and limejuice.
• Set aside.
• Roll out a small piece of dough into a flat circle.
• Cut the circle into half.
• Fill the cabbage mixture into the dough and roll like a spring roll.
• Deep fry in 180 °C oil until golden brown.