I love the combination of bulgur and lentils! One of my favorite dishes is Mujadara (to be blogged as soon as my friend Rula gives me the recipe!)
In the meanwhile here is a really healthy and delicious salad recipe that I find myself making a lot of lately.
Bulgur and Lentil Salad with Parsley
1 cup bulgur
½ cup green lentils
1 small cucumber, chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 bunch parsley, chopped
3 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs olive oil
Salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
• Boil the lentil in 2 cups of water for about 15 minutes until they are soft (should not be mushy)
• Mix 1½ cups of water (or stock) with 1 cup of bulgur in a saucepan.
• Bring to the boil, cover, then turn the heat on very low and cook for 15 minutes.
• Fluff with a fork to separate the grains.
• Set aside to cool.
• In a serving bowl mix the cooled bulgur and lentils until well combined.
• Add the chopped cucumbers, onions and parsley.
• In a separate bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and sugar until very well combined.
• Add this dressing to the bulgur mixture.
• Mix well and serve.