Here is a fun way to use zucchini. This recipe from Mollie Katzen’s Moosewood Cookbook is a big hit. I love the little flecks of green in the crust which makes the pizza more wholesome.
You can choose to top the pizza with anything you like. I chose to put ham, mozzarella and arugula.
Oil and flour for the pan
2 cups (packed) grated zucchini (about two 7-inch zucchini)
2 eggs, beaten (or equivalent egg whites)
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup grated mozzarella
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Pinches of basil, marjoram or rosemary
1 Tb. olive oil
1 large ripe tomato, sliced
2-3 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
thin slices of bell pepper
lightly steamed broccoli or spinach
• Preheat oven to 400°F.
• Oil a 10-inch pie pan and coat it lightly with flour.
• Combine rest of crust ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
• Spread the mix into the prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
• Remove from oven and add your chosen topping.
• Return to oven until everything is heated through.