My friend’s daughter wanted a jungle themed birthday party and my gift to her every year is her birthday cake. Here is what I came up with.
Jungle Party Cake
1 baked rectangular sheet cake (any recipe you like or use my vanilla cake recipe)
1 round cake 6” baked
2 baked cupcakes
3 cups light green colored frosting (use any recipe you like)
2 cups dark green colored frosting
1 cup blue colored frosting
Any decorative sugar flowers or beads to decorate cake with
Handful of jellybeans
A few small toy animals and tree to decorate cake with.
• Cover the baked rectangular sheet cake with the light green frosting.
• Place the 6” round cake on the back, left-hand corner of the cake and cover it with frosting.
• Stack two cupcakes on top of this and cover it with frosting.
• Using the blue frosting, create a tiny water fall and water pool using a small spatula.
• Line the edges of the water with jellybeans.
• Using the dark green frosting, decorate cake using a star Wilton tip to make the foliage of the jungle on the base and around the cake.
• Place the tree and the alligator on the cake.
• Place other animals all around the cake.
• Scatter sugar flowers around the cake to decorate.