I just managed to improve my Sweet Potato Fries recipe by turning them into shoestring fries!
Be careful as you bake these as they can become black and crisp very quickly but you do want to mix in a few of the crispy ones with the rest as it really adds a nice crunch to the fries. You can eat them straight out of the oven but if you wait a little and let it cool down – the fries tend to get crisper.
Sweet Potato Shoestring Fries
2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
2 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil ( or use a spray if you can)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Wash, peel and chop the sweet potatoes .
- Cut into shoe strings.
- In a Ziploc bag or a bowl combine the cut fries with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix it well
- On a cookie sheet, lay out the fries in a single layer.
- Bake the fries for 20 – 25 minutes or so until they become soft. You will see little brown spots forming on the fries as they are getting done.
- Sprinkle some paprika or cayenne pepper on top (optional)
- Serve warm.