This is a really light, healthy and easy one-dish wonder. This recipe is based on Martin Yan’s Beef broccoli recipe. It’s a great quick meal for a weeknight and impressive enough to serve to a crowd too. You can use any veggies for this recipe such as asparagus, green beans etc.
Chicken with Broccoli
2 tsps. dry sherry or Chinese rice wine
1 tsp. soy sauce
2 tsps. cornstarch
1 lb. chicken breast, thinly sliced across the grain
1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
2 tsps. chopped garlic
1/4 cup chicken stock
2 Tbsps. oyster sauce
1 Tbsp. Chinese rice wineor dry sherry
1 Tbsp. dark soy sauce
2 crowns broccoli, separated into florets
2 tbsps. vegetable oil
1 tsp. cornstarch dissolved in 2 teaspoons water
• Stir the rice wine, soy sauce, cornstarch, and ginger together in a medium bowl until the cornstarch is dissolved.
• Stir the chicken in the marinade until coated.
• Let stand for 10 minutes.
Prepare the sauce:
Stir the chicken stock, oyster-flavored sauce, rice wine, and soy sauce together in a bowl.
• Cook the broccoli in a small pot of boiling water until tender-crisp, about 1 minute.
• Drain thoroughly and plate.
• Heat a wok over high heat until hot.
• Add the oil and swirl to coat the sides.
• Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
• Add the chicken and stir-fry until no longer pink, about 2 minutes.
• Add the sauce and bring to a boil.
• Pour in the dissolved cornstarch and cook, stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens, 30 seconds to 1 minute.