My daughter had a Pajama Party / Sleepover Party for her 9th birthday and this is the cake I made for her.
This was a really fun cake to make. The best part was that everyone, including the kids, helped to decorate the cake. The girls designed and put together the blanket on the cake along with their Nani who has specially come down to be here for her grand daughters 9th birthday.
I went shopping at Michael’s Arts and Crafts store and managed to buy a little of this and that to put this cake together. I used colored fondant to make the blanket, lollipops to make the headboard, bridal lace and satin bows to make the bed ruffle and sugared beads to scatter around the cake. You can substitute decorations with anything that you have on hand.
Pajama Party Cake
1 baked rectangular sheet cake (any recipe you like or use my vanilla cake recipe)
5 cups of white butter cream frosting (any recipe)
3 sheets of fondant (any colors you like)
1 packet Italian lady finger cookies or oblong stella d’oro cookies
9 – 10 lollipops with long stalks
5 – 6 girl cupcake toppers
Ruffled lace or ribbon
Tiny pink bows
Pink and white sugar beads
• Cover the baked rectangular sheet cake with the white frosting.
• Place the girl cupcake toppers heads on cake in a row.
• Place one ladyfinger cookie directly below each head to make a “body”.
• Cover the bodies with a blanket of frosting.
• Using the fondant make a blanket using any design you wish (my kids wanted to weave a blanket with strips)
• Cut the lollipop stems to differing heights to create a “headboard” at varying lengths and colors.
• Stick the lollipops in a row behind the heads to make a headboard for the bed.
• Wrap the lace/ ribbon around the edges of the cake and staple together at the back.
• Stick little ribbons around the edges of the ribbon to decorate.
• Scatter sugar beads around the cake to decorate.