Tofu with Pepper Sauce
2 packets of firm tofu, chopped in cubes
2 ½ tbs garlic, chopped
4-5 stalks scallions, chopped
1 tsp pepper
1 soup cube
1 tbs oyster sauce
1 tbs butter (optional)
1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in a little water
• Heat 1 tbs oil.
• Add garlic and scallions and stir for a minute.
• Add pepper, soup cube, oyster sauce, butter and salt to taste.
• Stir well for a minute.
• Add the cornstarch with water.
• Cook until the mixture thickens and add 1 cup of water.
• Mix well and add the tofu.
• Stir gently and allow the mixture to cook and thicken.