There is just something so yummy and comforting about deviled eggs. They are the easiest appetizers in the world to make and always a super hit on any table. Feel free to add any flavors to the egg yolk filling. Some suggestions are wasabi, curry, pesto and so on. This recipe is based on Paula Deen’s Deviled Eggs recipe.
Traditional Southern Deviled Eggs
7 large eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
Salt and pepper, for taste
Paprika, for garnishing
Sweet gherkin pickles sliced, for garnishing
Pimentos, for garnishing
• Halve 7 eggs lengthwise.
• Remove yolks and place in a small bowl.
• Mash yolks with a fork and stir in mayonnaise, pickle relish, and mustard.
• Add salt and pepper, to taste.
• Fill egg whites evenly with yolk mixture.
• Garnish with paprika, pickles and pimentos.