Here is a really healthy, easy veggie appetizer, which looks seriously impressive on a table.
You can use any crunchy vegetables that you have. Things like cabbage, bean sprouts, carrots and so on work really well in this mix. You can also mix it up by using raw vegetables such as cucumbers, turnips and so on.
Vegetable Summer Rolls
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 cup hard tofu, minced or diced
1 cup bean sprouts
2 medium carrots, shredded
4 scallions, chopped
4-5 tbs chives, chopped (optional)
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
10 mung bean sheets or rice paper rolls, soaked in water for 10 minutes and halved
• In a heated wok, add 1 tsp. oil and stir fry the garlic.
• Add the tofu and scallions.
• Stir for a few seconds and add the carrots and bean sprouts.
• Add the soy sauce, sesame oil and chives.
• Mix well.
• Remove from fire.
• Place the filling in the rice paper sheets.
• Roll into cylinder shaped parcels similar to spring rolls.
• Serve with any Asian dipping sauce.
Note: These rolls can be made a few hours before serving and keep well in the fridge.