Mutton chops are so delicious when cooked right. You can get mutton chops from your local meat shop or Halal meat store. This is a really simple, spicy and yummy way of making chops. It is another one of Sherien aunty’s amazing recipes.
Sherien Ryan’s Mutton Chops
1 kg mutton chops
1 ½ medium onions, chopped
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
3 tablespoons of garlic and ginger, ground
¾ tsp. turmeric powder
2-½ tsp. coriander powder
½ stick cinnamon
Chili powder to taste
Salt to taste
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
• Place mutton chops, onions, tomatoes, garlic & ginger, turmeric, coriander, chili and salt in pressure cooker.
• Add water till it just about covers the mutton – do not put too much water.
• Pressure-cook the mutton for about 20 minutes until the meat is cooked.
• Remove from fire and set aside.
• In a wok, heat 3 tbsp. oil.
• Add cloves and cinnamon.
• Add 1 medium onion, sliced.
• Stir for a few minutes.
• Add the cooked mutton to the wok and mix well.
• Add 1 tbsp. of black pepper and curry leaves.
• Cook the mutton uncovered until the gravy thickens (about 20 minutes.