Lets just call these the PMS cookies.
Every woman needs just about this much chocolate, at least once a month. The recipe for these little beauties is taken from the Buttercup Bakes at Home Cookbook. You can tell that these cookies were made by a woman…for women…
CHOCOLATE WHITE CHOCOLATE COOKIES
Makes approximately 5 dozen cookies
¾ cup all purpose baking flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¾ cup ( 1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 ½ cups sugar
4 large eggs
4 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp instant espresso powder
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
12 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
2 cups vanilla (or white chocolate) chips
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
• Set aside.
• In a large bowl, on medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
• Add the eggs, vanilla, espresso and beat on high for about 2 minutes.
• Turn the mixer on low speed and add the dry ingredients, mixing well.
• Stop the mixer and stir in the vanilla chips.
• Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased or parchment paper lined cookie sheets, leaving several inches between for spreading.
• Bake for 10 minutes.
• Cool the cookies on the sheets for 1 minute, then remove to a rack to cool completely.