This is a really quick stir fried chicken recipe using oyster sauce. It is a huge favorite with the kids.
Chinese Chicken with Oyster Sauce
2 lbs chicken breast or thighs, cubed
1 tsp garlic, chopped
1 bunch scallions, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 small capsicum, chopped
2 tsp soya sauce
2 tbs oyster sauce
½ tsp sugar
1 tbs cornstarch, dissolved in 3 tbs water
2 tbs cornstarch
1 tsp pepper
• Marinate the cubed chicken with 2 tbs cornstarch, 1 tbs soya sauce and pepper.
• Set aside for about ½ hour and then deep fry the chicken and keep aside.
• Heat 1 tbs oil in a wok on high heat.
• Add garlic and stir till fragrant (about 1 minute).
• Add the scallion, capsicum and onion.
• Add the soya sauce, oyster sauce and sugar and stir.
• Add the cornstarch dissolved in water and stir well until the mixture begins to thicken.
• Add the fried chicken pieces and mix well.
• Remove from heat and serve immediately with fried rice or noodles.