This is possibly the easiest chicken curry recipe ever! It makes for a drier, thicker curry, which really goes well with rice or rotis. I like to make mine really spicy but you can adjust the fire to your palate.
Dry Chicken Curry
3 lbs. chicken thighs, chopped
3 onions, finely chopped
4 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
3” ginger, peeled
7-8 cloves garlic, chopped
2 bay leaves
2 black cardamom pods
2 cinnamon barks
3-4 dried red chilies
3 tsp. coriander powder
1 tsp. turmeric
¾ tsp. chili powder
Salt to taste
• Heat 3 tbsp. oil in a wok or kadai.
• Add the bay leaves, cinnamon, red chilies, cloves and black cardamom.
• Add the garlic and ginger and stir for a minute.
• Add the chopped onions and stir for 3 minutes.
• Add the coriander powder, turmeric powder, chili powder and salt.
• Stir for 2 minutes.
• Add chopped tomatoes and cover and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Add the chopped chicken, mix well and cover and cook for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
• Remove the lid and cook the chicken uncovered until the gravy dries (about 15 minutes)