These might be the one of the yummiest cutlets I’ve had. It is a great combination of subtlety spiced ground chicken with vegetables. This dish is a meal in itself with the perfect combination of vegetables, carbs and protien. It is a hot favorite with both the kids and adults in our house.
Chicken and Vegetable Cutlets
2 lbs ground chicken
1 large potato, boiled, peeled and set aside
1 tsp. ginger, finely chopped
1 tsp. garlic, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1 cup green beans,
finely chopped 1 cup carrots, finely chopped
1 packet panko breadcrumbs
1 ½ tsp. coriander powder (dhaniya)
¾ tsp. turmeric powder (haldi)
2-3 fresh green chilies, finely chopped (optional)
1 bunch cilantro, chopped fine
• Heat 2 tbsp. of oil in a wok.
• Add the chopped garlic and ginger.
• Stir for a minute and then add the chopped onions.
• Stir for 2 minutes and add the coriander powder, turmeric powder and green chilies.
• Stir for a minute and add ground chicken.
• Cook for 2-3 minutes and add the chopped green beans and carrots.
• Add salt to taste, cover and cook on medium heat.
• Cook for about 10 – 15 minute, until the chicken is cooked through.
• Remove from heat and pour mixture into a large mixing bowl.
• Let it cool for 15 minutes.
• Add the boiled potato, 1 cup panko bread crumbs, egg and chopped cilantro to the bowl.
• Using your hands, mix all the ingredients and mash it all well together.
• Using your hands, make several little oblong cutlets or patties.
• Coat each cutlet in panko breadcrumbs and set aside.
• In a flat saucepan, add 3 tbsp. of oil.
• Cook the breaded cutlets for about 3 minutes on each side or until it is well browned on both sides.
• Serve warm with mint chutney or ketchup.