This is one of my children’s favorite shrimp dishes.
My parents went to a little restaurant in Bologna, Italy a few years ago and my father loved this dish there. So of course my mother came back and recreated it in her kitchen.
It’s a really quick and super yummy dish that is a real crowd pleaser. You can serve it with pasta, rice or on a bed of steamed vegetables.
Sautéed Shrimp with Garlic and Parsley
25 – 30 raw shrimp with tails on
10-12 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 stalks scallions, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
4 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoons olive oil
2 soup cubes (or ½ cup soup stock)
½ cup white wine
1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water
Red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped or 1-2 tablespoon dried parsley
• In a wok, melt the butter and olive oil.
• Add garlic and stir for a minute.
• Add the scallions and celery and stir for another minute or two.
• Add white wine and soup cubes and cook for another minute.
• Add the shrimp and mix well.
• Add pepper flakes and parsley and cook until the shrimp begins to curl.
• Add the cornstarch with water to thicken the sauce and remove from heat.
• Serve immediately.